Emmet is an English baby boy’s name that means “whole, universal”. Emmet is a variant spelling of Emmett but is the more popular spelling in Ireland. Emmet is the masculine form of Emma with the addition of a French diminutive.
Meaning of the name Emmet:
English: whole, universal
Origin of the name Emmet:
Emmet is an English baby boy’s name that means “whole, universal”. Emmet is a masculine variant of the name Emma with a French diminutive.
Symbolism of the name Emmet:
Emmet means “whole, universal” and evokes a feeling of completeness, community, happiness, and health. It stands for universal truth, honesty, and perfect bonds of love and friendship.
Style of the name Emmet:
Gender of the name Emmet:
Emmet is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Emmet:
Number of syllables in the name Emmet:
Emotion evoked from the name Emmet:
Emmet evokes feelings of hard work and honesty.
Alternative spellings for the name Emmet:
Emet, Emmett, Emett, Emmat, Emmatt, Emmette, Emmete
Nicknames for the name Emmet:
Popularity of the name Emmet:
According to the Social Security Administration, Emmet is a popular baby boy’s name. Emmet was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1900 to 1933 before returning to the list again in 2014.
Related names for the name Emmet:
Great middle names for the name Emmet and their meanings:
- James (supplanter)
- Liam (desired to protect)
- Thomas (twin)
- Montgomery (man power)
- Gray (the son of the bailiff)
- Jasper (bringer of treasure)
- Oscar (God spear, deer-lover, champion warrior)
- Hugo (mind, intellect)
- August (magnificent)
- Roscoe (deer forest)
- Luther (army people)
- Mordecai (follower of Marduk)
Famous people with the name Emmet:
- Emmet Cahill (Irish singer)
- Emmet Gowin (American photographer)
- Emmet Swimming (American rock band)
- Robert Emmet (Irish political activist)
- Emmet Fox (American spiritualist)
Emmet in popular culture:
- Emmet Brickowski (film, “The LEGO Movie”)
- Emmet Cole (television, “The River”)
- Emmet Hawksworth (television, “Keeping Up Appearances”)
- Emmet Lefebvre (television, “Top of the Heap”)
- Emmet Otter (television, “Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas”)