Nixon is an English baby boy’s name that means “son of Nicholas”. Nixon has been popular since 2011 and peaked in 2017. It’s impossible for most people to hear Nixon and not think of the infamous 37th president of the US, Richard Nixon.
Meaning of the name Nixon:
English: son of Nicholas
Origin of the name Nixon:
Nixon is a baby boy’s name of English origin that means “son of Nicholas”. Nicholas is a Greek name that means “victory of the people”. Nixon was originally an English surname.
Symbolism of the name Nixon:
Nicholas means “victory of the people”. Common symbols of victory include bay laurel wreaths, gold medals, and eagles.
Style of the name Nixon:
Gender of the name Nixon:
Nixon is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Nixon:
Number of syllables in the name Nixon:
Emotion evoked from the name Nixon:
Nixon evokes feelings of pride and strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Nixon:
Nikson, Nickson, Nichson, Nixen, Niksen
Nicknames for the name Nixon:
Popularity of the name Nixon:
According to the Social Security Administration, Nixon is a popular baby boy’s name. Nixon has been in the top 1000 baby names list since 2011. It peaked at #482 in 2017.
Related names for the name Nixon:
Great middle names for the name Nixon and their meanings:
- Jude (praised)
- Blake (fair-haired, dark)
- Phoenix (dark red)
- Memphis (enduring and beautiful)
- Kingsley (king's meadows)
- Joel (Jehovah is his God)
- Ari (lion of God)
- Bear (bear)
- Forrest (dweller near the woods)
Famous people with the name Nixon:
- Nixon Knowles (American musician)
- Nixon Newell (Welsh pro wrestler)
- Nixon McLean (West Indian cricketer)
- Nixon Perera (Columbian football player)
- Richard Nixon (former U.S. President)
Nixon in popular culture:
- Nixon (American watch brand)
- The Nixons (American band)
- Nixon (video game, “To Your Eternity”)
- Nixon “DJ Neon” (television, “Numberlemon”)
- Nixon Kinlow (video games, “Battlestar”)