Pia is a Latin feminine name that's particularly popular in Spanish and Italian cultures. It's derived from the word “piety,” so it may appeal to people with strong religious faith. It's also short and sweet and not that common without sounding too exotic. It makes a great given name or middle name, and it pairs well with a variety of middle names, ranging from old classics, like Elizabeth, to trendy word names, like Snow or Winter.
Meaning of the name Pia:
Origin of the name Pia:
Pia is thought to be derived from the Latin word “pietas.” The English version of this is “piety,” which is considered a virtue word. People who are pious or practice piety are devoutly religious.
Symbolism of the name Pia:
Because of its meaning, the baby name Pia may be symbolic to people of faith. New parents may see the name as a symbol of their devotion to God.
Style of the name Pia:
Gender of the name Pia:
Pia is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Pia:
Number of syllables in the name Pia:
Emotion evoked from the name Pia:
The baby name Pia evokes images of someone with a big personality who enjoys the spotlight and entertaining others.
Alternative spellings for the name Pia:
Nicknames for the name Pia:
Popularity of the name Pia:
According to the Social Security Administration, Pia has never been a top 1,000 baby name for boys or girls in the United States.
Related names for the name Pia:
Great middle names for Pia and their meanings:
- Elizabeth (pledged to God)
- Snow (snow)
- Rose (flower)
- Winter (winter)
- Scarlet (red)
- Ruby (precious red stone)
- Michelle (who is like God)
- Katherine (pure)
- Harper (harp player)
Famous people with the name Pia:
- Pia Arke (photographer, writer, painter, and artist)
- Pia Degermark (actress)
- Pia Douwes (musical theater actress)
- Pia Guerra (comic book artist)
- Pia Getty (filmmaker, socialite, and heiress)
- Pia Toscano (singer and reality show star)
Pia in popular culture:
- Pia (character in the Bollywood film “3 Idiots”)
- Pia Freeman (character on the TV show “Snobs”)
- Pia (character in the book “Origin” by Jessica Khoury)
- Pia Dante (character in the book “Trash” by Andy Mulligan)
- Pia (character from the “Game of Thrones” books and TV show)