Anabella is a beautiful and lyrical baby name for girls. Latin in origin, the name maintained an enduring legacy in Latin communities and has made its mark in popular culture around the world. Anabella is the name of the luxury shoe brand by Rossy Sánchez, and Anabella is the titular protagonist of the children's book Anabella's Robot. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Anabella:
Latin: Beautiful grace, loveable
Origin of the name Anabella:
Anabella has two possible origins. The most popular meaning is a combination of Anna (the Latin spelling of the Hebrew name for “grace”) and the word bella (meaning “beautiful”). According to this definition, Anabella means “beautiful grace.”
The second possible origin is that Anabella is a feminine variation of the Late Latin name Amabilis. During the medieval period, Europeans often replaced the letter “m” (as the “m” in Amabel) with the letter “n” (to produce names like Anabel). Some etymologists believe that names like Annabelle and Annabella are products of this change.
Symbolism of the name Anabella:
Anabella means “lovable” or “beautiful grace.” Universal symbols for grace include prayer hands or waves, and the emblem of love is the heart.
Style of the name Anabella:
Gender of the name Anabella:
Anabella is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Anabella:
Number of syllables in the name Anabella:
Emotion evoked from the name Anabella:
The name Anabella evokes feelings of kindness and amity.
Alternative spellings for the name Anabella:
Nicknames for the name Anabella:
Popularity of the name Anabella:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Anabella was the 938th most popular baby name for girls in 2016.
Related names for the name Anabella:
Great middle names for Anabella and their meanings:
- April (opening, fourth month)
- Blair (plain, meadow, field)
- Cheyenne (red speaker)
- Dior (golden)
- Dulce (sweet)
- Eider (beautiful)
- Emerson (universal ruler)
- Marinel (from the sea)
- Nadine (hope)
- Pilár (pillar)
- Sloane (warrior)
- Wynn (friend, blessed, white, fair)
Famous people with the name Anabella:
- Anabella “Bella” Madeleine Bixby (soccer player)
- Anabella Galiano (actress)
- Anabella Isabel Hale (pageant winner)
- Anabella Queen (singer)
- Anabella Rivera (TikTok personality)
- Anabella Raye Sherman (daughter of actors Sela Ward and Howard Sherman)
- Anabella Castro Sierra (model)
- Anabella Sosa (producer)
- Anabella Wewer (artist)
- Anabella Pavón Wilson (psychologist)
Anabella in popular culture:
- Anabella (luxury shoe brand by Rossy Sánchez)
- Anabella (titular protagonist of the children's book Anabella's Robot by Joe Clemons)
- Anabella Fashion (wholesaler in Miami, Florida)