Adelina was a top 1,000 option in the early twentieth century, dropping off the list for almost 80 years. As of the last decade, it is back on the list, hoping to become a top 500 name. Adelina is a popular name for the cute nicknames and vintage emotions behind it.
Meaning of the name Adelina:
Origin of the name Adelina:
The baby name Adelina comes from the German name Adeline. It retains the same meaning and has the same vintage feel as the original. Both come from the Germanic root word “adal.”
Symbolism of the name Adelina:
Adelina comes from the Germanic word “adal.” This is the word that was meant for “noble” and is the basis for Adelina and Adeline.
Style of the name Adelina:
Gender of the name Adelina:
Adelina is a beautiful name for little girls.
Pronunciation of the name Adelina:
Number of syllables in the name Adelina:
Emotion evoked from the name Adelina:
Adelina feels feminine and regal. It is beautiful and well-respected.
Alternative spellings for the name Adelina:
Nicknames for the name Adelina:
Popularity of the name Adelina:
Adelina was a popular baby name throughout the early 1900s. It completely dropped off the list after 1945, however, until it became an option again in 2010. In 2016, Adelina became a top 500 name for the first time, but in 2020, it ranked at 537.
Related names for the name Adelina:
Great middle names for Adelina and their meanings:
- Camilla (young religious officiant)
- Josephina (Jehovah increases)
- Susannah (lily)
- Juliet (downy haired, youthful)
- Evangelina (good news)
- Madelyn (high tower, woman from Magdala)
- Mariel (star of the sea)
Famous people with the name Adelina:
- Saint Adelina (French nun)
- Adelina Sotnikova (figure skater)
- Adelina Garcia (singer)
- Adelina de Lara (pianist)
- Adelina Otero (suffragist)
- Adelina Patti (opera singer)
Adelinas in popular culture:
- Adelina Amouteru (character from “The Young Elites”)
- Princess Adelina (character from “The Two Princesses of Bamarre”)