Arielle is a French feminine name that means “lion of God”. Arielle is the feminine version of the name Ariel but in the US both spellings are more common for girl’s. Arielle was most popular between 1989 and 1992 likely due in part to Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” that came out in 1989.
Meaning of the name Arielle:
French: lion of God
Origin of the name Arielle:
Arielle is a French girl’s name that means “lion of God”. Arielle is the feminine version of the name Ariel and derives from Hebrew.
Symbolism of the name Arielle:
The lion is a symbol of pride and strength. The lion is the King of the Jungle but the lioness is the one that provides for the pride by hunting.
Style of the name Arielle:
Gender of the name Arielle:
Arielle is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Arielle:
Number of syllables in the name Arielle:
Emotion evoked from the name Arielle:
Arielle evokes feelings of pride and warmth.
Alternative spellings for the name Arielle:
Nicknames for the name Arielle:
Popularity of the name Arielle:
According to the Social Security Administration, Arielle is a popular girl’s baby name that first entered the top 1000 names in 1982. It peaked in popularity between 1989 and 1992. As of 2020 Arielle is #346.
Related names for the name Arielle:
Great middle names for the name Arielle and their meanings:
- Elodie (foreign riches)
- Cordelia (heart, daughter of the sea)
- Florence (prosperous)
- Josephine (Jehovah increases)
- Beatrice (blessed)
- Sylvie (from the forest)
- Theodora (gift of God)
- Millie (gentle strength)
- Emmeline (work)
Famous people with the name Arielle:
- Arielle Kebbel (American actress)
- Arielle Greenberg (American poet)
- Arielle Olson (American children's author)
- Arielle Martin (American BMX cyclist)
Arielles in popular culture:
- Arielle Casta (television, “South Beach”)
- Arielle Gastineau Ashton (television, “General Hospital”)
- Arielle (video game, “Roblox Flicker”)
- Arielle (video game, Pokemon series)
- Arielle Boyd (comics, Flash comics)