Kyndall is a unique and ultra-trendy baby name. Fashionable in tone, the name has a balanced composition that has made it a rising star in fiction and popular culture. Kyndall is the name of the matriarch in Shattered by McKensie Stewart, and Kyndall is also the family name of the protagonists in a series of thriller novels by McKenna Grey. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Kyndall:
Celtic, Old Norse: Valley on the River Kent
Origin of the name Kyndall:
Kyndall is a modern variation of Kendall. This name combines the Celtic name for a village (located on the banks of the River Kent) and the Old Norse suffix –dalr (meaning “valley”).
Symbolism of the name Kyndall:
Kyndall is an alternative spelling of Kendall. This given name originated as a surname for people who lived in the village of Kendal in Yorkshire, England. In William the Conqueror's Domesday Book of 1066, clerics listed Kendal as Cherchebi. This name was the Norma translation of the Old Norse term kirkju-bý (meaning “church village”). For centuries, Kirkby Kendal remained the official name of the village. The symbol of Kendal was the central church bell.
Style of the name Kyndall:
Gender of the name Kyndall:
Kyndall is a name given to both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Kyndall:
Number of syllables in the name Kyndall:
Emotion evoked from the name Kyndall:
The name Kyndall evokes feelings of swankiness and style.
Alternative spellings for the name Kyndall:
Nicknames for the name Kyndall:
Popularity of the name Kyndall:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Kyndall was the 937th most popular baby name for girls in 2015.
Related names for the name Kyndall:
Great middle names for Kyndall and their meanings:
- Anika (grace, favor, mercy)
- Bobbie (bright fame)
- Bellamy (beautiful friend)
- Charlize (free man, strong warrior, petite)
- Dionne (follower of Dionysus, child of heaven)
- Eve (life, breath, mother)
- Justine (fair, righteous, just)
- Lauren (laurel tree)
- Reese (ardent, fiery)
- Sidney (wide meadow)
- Suzanne (lily)
- Tara (elevated hill, queen, star)
- Zayden (growth, increase)
Famous people with the name Kyndall:
- Kyndall Ash (actress)
- Kyndall Alicia Barreto (model)
- Kyndall Ayanna Curry (public figure)
- Kyndall Love Dawson (actress)
- Kyndall Douglas (reality television personality)
- Kyndall Foster (film producer)
- Kyndall Quiroz (tennis player)
- Kyndall Rae Rothaus (writer)
- Kyndall DeBarge Sands (daughter of singer Eldra Patrick “El” DeBarge)
- Kyndall Williams (actress)
Kyndall in popular culture:
- Kyndall (character in Shattered by McKensie Stewart)
- Kyndall (scientist in An Endless Dawn by Avril Sabine)
- Kyndall Family (series of thriller novels by McKenna Grey)