Manuela is a baby girl’s name of Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Portuguese, and German origin. Manuela comes from the Hebrew name Emmanuel and means “God is with us”. Manuela is a vintage favorite that was popular in the first half of the 20th century.
Meaning and Origin of the Name Manuela:
Manuela is a baby girl’s name of Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Portuguese, and German origin. Manuela means “God is with us” and derives from the Hebrew name Emmanuel.
Symbolism of the Name Manuela:
Manuela derives from the Hebrew name Emmanuel, which is a prayer that is also often used in religious hymns and songs.
Nicknames for the Name Manuela:
Manuela is a name with a very European background. If this is the name that you're interested in, check out our list of great nicknames for Manuela:
Style of the Name Manuela:
Gender of the Name Manuela:
Manuela is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the Name Manuela:
ma-NWEH-la (Spanish, German), ma-noo-EH-la (Italian)
Number of Syllables in the Name Manuela:
Three or four, depending on pronunciation
Emotion Evoked From the Name Manuela:
Manuela evokes feelings of wisdom and loyalty.
Alternative Spellings for the Name Manuela:
Manoela, Mawela, Manwehla
Popularity of the Name Manuela:
According to the Social Security Administration, Manuela is not a popular baby girl’s name right now. Manuela was in the top 1,000 baby names for the first half of the 20th century, from 1900 to 1953. It peaked at #486 in 1920. The name does not currently rank on the top 1,000 list.
Related Names for the Name Manuela:
Great Middle Names for the Name Manuela and Their Meanings:
- Julissa (youthful, sky father)
- Francine (from France, free man)
- Philomena (lover of strength)
- Jacinta (hyacinth)
- Giovanna (God is gracious)
- Luciana (light)
- Valentine (strength, health)
- Saffron (saffron, the spice)
Famous People with the Name Manuela:
- Manuela Martelli (Chilean actress)
- Manuela Schultealbert (German footballer)
- Manuela Di Centa (Italian Olympic skier)
- Manuela Schlager (German singer)
- Manuela Arbeláez (Colombian-American model and actress)
Manuela in Popular Culture:
- Manuela Hidalgo (video game, “Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles”)
- Manuela “Manny” Santos (television, “Degrassi: The Next Generation”)
- Manuela Hunt (film, “Stowaway Girl”)
- Manuela (literature, “The Child Manuela” by Christa Winsloe)
- Manuela (film, “Hustlers”)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Bluemoon 1981/Shutterstock.com.