Riggs is a baby boy’s name that means “one who lives on a ridge”. Riggs was originally an English surname. It is a newly popular name that first appeared in the top 1000 baby names list in 2020.
Meaning of the name Riggs:
English: one who lives on a ridge
Origin of the name Riggs:
Riggs is an English baby boy’s name that means “one who lives on a ridge”. Riggs was originally an English surname.
Symbolism of the name Riggs:
Riggs means “one who lives on a ridge” and came from an English surname.
Style of the name Riggs:
Gender of the name Riggs:
Riggs is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Riggs:
Number of syllables in the name Riggs:
Emotion evoked from the name Riggs:
Riggs evokes feelings of hard work and intelligence.
Alternative spellings for the name Riggs:
Nicknames for the name Riggs:
Popularity of the name Riggs:
According to the Social Security Administration, Riggs is a popular baby boy’s name. It has been in the top 1000 baby names list in 2020 and 2021. It peaked at #786 in 2021.
Related names for the name Riggs:
Great middle names for the name Riggs and their meanings:
- Julian (youthful, downy-bearded, sky father)
- Elias (Yahweh is God)
- Sebastian (person from ancient city of Sebastia)
- Luca (man from Lucania)
- Leo (lion)
- Oscar (God spear, deer-lover, champion warrior)
- Hugo (mind, intellect)
- Levi (joined, attached)
- Elijah (Yahweh is God)
- Micah (who is like the Lord)
- Noah (rest, repose)
Famous people with the name Riggs:
- Jerry Riggs (American musician)
- Arthur Stanley Riggs (American author and historian)
- Dudley Riggs (American football player)
- Scott Riggs (American race car driver)
- Joe Riggs (American mixed martial artist)
Riggs in popular culture:
- Riggs (style of barstool)
- Martin Riggs (film, “Lethal Weapon” series)
- Riggs (American rock band)
- Riggs’ disease (dental disease)
- Mr & Mrs Riggs (film, “Under Capricorn”)