Chaya is a baby girl’s name of Hebrew origin. Chaya means “life, living things”. It is the feminine form of the name Chaim. Chaya has been a common name since at least the medieval period but it only gained popularity in the US in the early 1980s. Chaya is a more traditional version of names like Kya and Kia.
Meaning of the name Chaya:
Hebrew: life, living things
Origin of the name Chaya:
Chaya is a baby girl’s name of Hebrew origin that means “life, living things”. Chaya is the feminine form of the name Chaim.
Symbolism of the name Chaya:
Chaya means “life, living things” and is often associated with animals.
Style of the name Chaya:
Gender of the name Chaya:
Chaya is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Chaya:
Number of syllables in the name Chaya:
Emotion evoked from the name Chaya:
Chaya evokes feelings of beauty and gratitude.
Alternative spellings for the name Chaya:
Kaya, Kiya, Chiya, Kya, Kaia,
Nicknames for the name Chaya:
Popularity of the name Chaya:
According to the Social Security Administration, Chaya is a popular baby girl’s name. Chaya has been in the top 1000 baby names list since 1981. It peaked at #635 in 2018.
Related names for the name Chaya:
Great middle names for the name Chaya and their meanings:
- Raisa (easygoing, leader, rose)
- Shira (my song)
- Riva (to tie, bind)
- Asher (fortunate, blessed, happy one)
- Eliya (heavens, highborn, exalted)
- Lucy (light)
- Rebecca (to tie, bind)
- Livana (the moon, white)
- Eleanor (noble north)
Famous people with the name Chaya:
- Chaya Rubinstein (Polish-American cosmetics magnate)
- Chaya Pinkhasovna Lispector (Brazilian novelist)
- Chaya Czernowin (Israeli composer)
- Mayim Chaya Bialik (American actress and neuroscientist)
- Chaya Singh (Israeli actress)
Chaya in popular culture:
- Chaya Silberschmidt (film, “Left Luggage”)
- Chaya Abramowicz (literature, “The Devil's Arithmetic” by Jane Yolen)
- Chaya (a type of nutrient rich green leafy vegetable)
- Chaya (media, “Dragonball” series)
- Chaya Sa (media, “Stargate” series)