Daron is an Irish baby boy’s name that means “little great one”. Daron was popular from the 1960s to the 90s alongside the more popular variant spelling Darren. The American country music star Daron Norwood helped to popularize the name in the late 20th century.
Meaning of the name Daron:
Irish: little great one
Origin of the name Daron:
Daron is a baby boy’s name of Irish origin that means “little great one”. Daron is a variant spelling of Darren. It may be related to the name Darrell, but the connection is uncertain.
Symbolism of the name Daron:
Daron means “little great one”. It is associated with symbols of greatness and leadership such as lions, swords, horses, gladiolus, and allium.
Style of the name Daron:
Gender of the name Daron:
Daron is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Daron:
Number of syllables in the name Daron:
Emotion evoked from the name Daron:
Daron evokes feelings of talent and charm.
Alternative spellings for the name Daron:
Darron, Darren, Daren
Nicknames for the name Daron:
Popularity of the name Daron:
According to the Social Security Administration, Daron is a popular baby name. Daron was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1961 to 1996. It peaked in 1965 at #493.
Related names for the name Daron:
Great middle names for the name Daron and their meanings:
- Micah (who is like the Lord)
- Xavier (new house)
- Hunter (one who hunts)
- Joshua (the Lord is my salvation)
- Bentley (meadow with coarse grass)
- Jaxon (son of Jack)
- William (resolute protection)
- Samuel (told by God)
- Henry (estate ruler)
Famous people with the name Daron:
- Daron Pope (American entrepreneur)
- Daron Vartan Malakian (American guitarist/singer)
- Daron Norwood (American singer)
- Daron Payne (American football player)
- Daron Sutton (American broadcaster)
Daron in popular culture:
- Daron-Vex (television, “Krypton”)
- Daron (comics, “Darklady” by MookHyang)
- Daron (television, “Ultraman”)
- Lieutenant Daron Simmons (media, “Danganronpa”)