Hensley is a modern English name that comes from an Old English surname. It means “stallion clearing”. Hensley is a unisex name that originally leaned towards primarily masculine until it started to grow in popularity as an alternative to names like Harley and Kinsley for girls.
Meaning of the name Hensley:
English: stallion clearing
Origin of the name Hensley:
Hensley is a modern English unisex baby name that means “stallion clearing”. Hensley was originally an Old English residential surname.
Symbolism of the name Hensley:
Hensley is an English name that means “stallion clearing”. Horses have always held a position of significance to the Celtic peoples. Horses symbolize determination, endurance, valor, freedom, and beauty. There are many Celtic legends of horses that either were deities or were the messengers of deities.
Style of the name Hensley:
Gender of the name Hensley:
Hensley is a unisex baby name given to both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Hensley:
Number of syllables in the name Hensley:
Emotion evoked from the name Hensley:
Hensley evokes feelings of youth and adventure.
Alternative spellings for the name Hensley:
Hensly, Henslie, Hensleigh, Henslee
Nicknames for the name Hensley:
Popularity of the name Hensley:
According to the Social Security Administration, Hensley is an uncommon unisex baby name. It has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names list in the US.
Related names for the name Hensley:
Great middle names for the name Hensley and their meanings:
- Jacob (supplanter)
- Hugo (mind, intellect)
- Milo (soldier, merciful)
- Ezra (help)
- Asher (fortunate, blessed, happy one)
- Jericho (from the city of Jericho)
- Oscar (God spear, deer-lover, champion warrior)
- Silas (wood, forest)
- Thea (goddess)
- Coraline (coral)
- London (city in the UK)
- Cassidy (curly-haired)
- Maeve (she who intoxicates)
- Athena (from Athens, goddess of wisdom)
- Willa (resolute protection)
- Wren (little bird)
Famous people with the name Hensley:
- Hensley Muelens (American baseball player)
- Hensley Sejour (American entrepreneur)
- Hensley Loeb (American professor of business)
- Casey Hensley (American musician)
- Ken Hensley (English musician)
Hensley in popular culture:
- Hensley Field (located in Dallas, TX)
- Hensley Beverage Company (American business)
- Hensley (clothing brand)