Kehlani is a beautiful baby girl’s name of Hawaiian origin. Originally Kehlani was a variant spelling of the surname Kalani but came into common use as a given name in the last several decades. Kehlani owes its rapid rise in popularity in part to American R&B singer Kehlani Parrish.
Meaning of the name Kehlani:
Hawaiian: sea and sky
Origin of the name Kehlani:
Kehlani is a variant spelling of the Hawaiian name Kailani. Kehlani means “sea and sky” derived from “ka” which means “sea” and “lani” which means “sky, heaven, royal, majestic”.
Symbolism of the name Kehlani:
Kehlani means “sea and sky”. The evocative image symbolizes endless possibilities, beauty, and limitless potential.
Style of the name Kehlani:
Gender of the name Kehlani:
Kahlani is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Kehlani:
Number of syllables in the name Kehlani:
Emotion evoked from the name Kehlani:
Kehlani evokes feelings of beauty and optimism.
Alternative spellings for the name Kehlani:
Kailani, Keylani, Kaylani, Kalani
Nicknames for the name Kehlani:
Popularity of the name Kehlani:
According to the Social Security Administration, Kehlani is a popular baby girl’s name. Kehlani first appeared in the top 1000 names in 2016. It is #168 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Kehlani:
Great middle names for the name Kehlani and their meanings:
- Isla (island)
- Mila (gracious, dear)
- Lila (night, play)
- Luna (moon)
- Maya (water)
- Olivia (olive tree)
- Shay (stately, gift)
- Eli (ascended, uplifted, high)
Famous people with the name Kehlani:
- Kehlani Ashley Parrish (American R&B singer)
- Kailani Craine (Australian figure skater)
- Kalani Hilker (American dancer)
- Kelaokalani Fifita “Kalani” Sitake (Tongan-American football coach)
Kehlanis in popular culture:
- General Kalani (television, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”)
- Kalani (film, “Journey)
- Kalani (video games, “The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”)
- Kailani Keawe (video games, “Choices: Stories You Play”)