Kamilla is a striking baby name for girls. Commanding in tone, this name is popular throughout the European continent as well as the Middle East and Asia. For example, Kamilla is the titular protagonist of the Norwegian classic Kamilla and the Thief, and Kamilla Hwang is a favorite character in the Arrowverse franchise. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Kamilla:
Latin: Young ceremonial attendant; acolyte
Arabic: Perfect, complete
Origin of the name Kamilla:
Kamilla is a given name with various possible origins. The first probable origin is as an alternative spelling of Camilla. This name is the feminine variation of the Latin word camillus (meaning “young ceremonial attendant”).
Some researchers assert that Camilla derives from the Roman cognomen Camilli. This cognomen originated from the Etruscan language, and the meaning is currently unknown. Nonetheless, the most generally accepted meaning of Camilla is “acolyte” or “ceremonial attendant.”
Finally, Kamilla may also derive from the Arabic name Kamil. This name originates from the Arabic word كامل or كميل and means “perfect one” or “complete.”
Symbolism of the name Kamilla:
Kamilla is a version of Camilla that commonly appears in languages like Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Slovak, and Polish. The name is also popular in Scandinavian countries like Finland, Iceland, Greenland, and Norway. As an alternative spelling of Camilla, this name means “acolyte” or “attendant.” Symbols of the young ceremonial attendant include the candlestick or lamp.
As the feminine variation of Kamila, the name Kamilla also means “perfect” or “complete.” In Islamic theology, the phrase “al-Insān al-Kāmil” is an honorific title of Muhammad. The term refers to someone who has attained perfection.
Style of the name Kamilla:
Gender of the name Kamilla:
Kamilla is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Kamilla:
Number of syllables in the name Kamilla:
Emotion evoked from the name Kamilla:
The name Kamilla evokes feelings of calmness and good character.
Alternative spellings for the name Kamilla:
Nicknames for the name Kamilla:
Popularity of the name Kamilla:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Kamilla was the 1,096th most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Kamilla:
Great middle names for Kamilla and their meanings:
- Audrey (noble strength)
- Braelyn (hillside, borderland lake, broad sea)
- Dior (golden)
- Eloise (healthy, strong, wide)
- Haylee (hay meadow)
- Lily (flower)
- Maud (strength in battle)
- Noor (light)
- Novalee (new meadow)
- Orianne (dawn, sunrise, golden)
- Sofie (wisdom)
- Yuliana (youthful, downy)
Famous people with the name Kamilla:
- Kamilla Asylova (pageant winner)
- Kamilla Farhad (tennis player)
- Kamilla Yusufovna Gafurzianova (Olympic fencer)
- Kamilla Ralifovna Gainetdinova (figure skater)
- Kamilla Hollai (silent film actress)
- Kamilla Rytter Juhl (badminton player)
- Kamilla Kosztolányi (Olympic rower)
- Kamilla Birkedal Larsen (handball player)
- Kamilla Vasilyevna Trever (historian)
- Kamilla Sofie Vallin (racing cyclist)
Kamilla in popular culture:
- Kamilla (titular protagonist of the Norwegian classic Kamilla and the Thief)
- Kamilla Hwang (character in the Arrowverse franchise)