The baby name Alana is the female version of the name Alan. It still retains Irish roots, though it was hardly used in America before actress Alana Stewart. the name, in modern times, now has numerous spellings including Alanna and Allanah, as well as variations like Alanis.
Meaning of the name Alana:
American: little rock
Irish: handsome, cheerful
Origin of the name Alana:
The baby name Alana is the feminine form of the name Alan. In historical Ireland, the name found its use as the name for daughters of men named Alan. Alana Steward brought the popularity of the name to America.
Symbolism of the name Alana:
The baby name Alana has the same meaning as the baby name Alan. Both names have an Irish origin, especially since Alana was a created name for the daughters of fathers with the name Alan.
Style of the name Alana:
Gender of the name Alana:
The baby name Alana is a name devoted to females.
Pronunciation of the name Alana:
Number of syllables in the name Alana:
Emotion evoked from the name Alana:
Alana is a wholesome name that feels kind. It also feels joyful and as if it should be for someone with an exuberant personality.
Alternative spellings for the name Alana:
Nicknames for the name Alana:
Popularity of the name Alana:
The baby name Alana was put on the Social Security Index in the year 1944 at number 747. It was put on the top 200 list in 2004 at number 178, though it is now less popular. In the year 2020, the baby name Alana only ranked at number 206.
Related names for the name Alana:
Great middle names for Alana and their meanings:
- Lynn (lake, waterfall, pool)
- Shea (admirable)
- Brooke (clear, water, small stream)
- Brynn (hill)
- Jess (the Lord exists)
- Charlotte (free man, petite)
- Marie (star of the sea)
Famous people with the name Alana:
- Alana Blanchard (professional surfer)
- Alana Zimmer (professional model)
- Alana de la Garza (actress, “Law & Order”)
- Alana Austin (actress, “A Simple Twist of Fate”)
- Alana Thompson (reality TV star, Honey Boo Boo, “Toddlers and Tiaras”)
- Alana Bear (WNBA player)
- Alana Davis (singer, “32 Flavors”)
- Alana Stewart (actress, “George & Alana”)
Alanas in popular culture:
- Alana (character in “The Little Mermaid”)
- Alana Mills (character in “Step by Step”)
- Alana Bloom (character in “Hannibal”)
- Alana Beck (character in musical “Dear Evan Hansen”)