Montana is a baby name that can be seen as a gender-neutral option. Montana is also a baby name that has English and Latin roots. Read on to learn more about the name.
Meaning of the name Montana:
Latin for “mountains”.
Origin of the name Montana:
Montana is well-known as a place-name used in English-speaking areas thanks to its connection with the American state. However, Montana originally stems from Latin origins as it comes from the name “montanus”.
Symbolism of the name Montana:
Montana is seen more as a place-name, but it does have that all-American feel despite that it comes with Spanish roots. Alongside that, Montana is a baby name that can have a connection to the outdoors, to simpler times spent out with nature.
Style of the name Montana:
Gender of the name Montana:
Montana is a baby name designed for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Montana:
Number of syllables in the name Montana:
Emotion evoked from the name Montana:
Montana is a baby name that can evoke feelings of something easy and laidback.
Alternative spellings for the name Montana:
Nicknames for the name Montana:
Popularity of the name Montana:
Montana has only seen some scattered popularity throughout the 1990s and the 2000s. Based on data from the Social Security Administration, Montana reached as high as #511 in 1998.
Related names for the name Montana:
Great middle names for Montana and their meanings:
- Danica (Morning Star)
- Roxy (dawn)
- Misty (mist)
- Sharon (a plain)
- Madison (son of Matthew)
- Hailey (Hay’s meadow)
- Brooke (small stream)
- Paige (page to a lord)
- Dutch (geographic name)
- Agustin (the exalted one)
- Constantine (steadfast)
- Luther (army people)
- Chester (fortress, walled town)
- Jayce (invented name)
- Sam (told by God)
- Racer (word name)
Famous people with the name Montana:
- Montana(stage name for Canadian country music singer, songwriter, yodeler, and guitarist Wilf Carter)
- Montana Cox (Australian model)
Montanas in movies/pop culture:
- Montana Jones (titled character in “Montana Jones”, an Italian-Japanese anime series)
- Montana Max (a character in the children’s animated show “Looney Tunes”)
- Montana (a villainous character in Marvel Comics)
- “Montana” (a 2017 Israeli film)
- “Montana” (a 1998 American crime film)
- “Montana” (state song for Montana, USA)