Noemi is a pleasant name with a sweet sound that lives up to its meaning. With its soft lilt and feminine flow, Noemi has undergone a resurgence as a favorite given name for girls. Noemi is the name of a popular fairy in the Winx animated series, and Noemi Vidal is also a main character in Defy the Stars. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Noemi:
Hebrew: Pleasantness, sweetness, delight
Origin of the name Noemi:
Noemi is a version of Naomi found in several European languages. The name Naomi derives from the Hebrew phrase nā'omī (meaning “pleasantness”).
Symbolism of the name Noemi:
Noemi is an alternative spelling of Naomi. The name Noemi occurs in languages like Italian, Czech, Polish, Romanian, and German. Noemi is also the spelling of Naomi in the Latin version of the Hebrew Bible. According to the biblical account, Naomi is a key figure in the Book of Ruth. After returning to the city of Bethlehem, Naomi coaches Ruth on how to negotiate an advantageous marriage on the threshing floor. Because of this story, the symbol of Naomi is the bushel of wheat.
Style of the name Noemi:
Gender of the name Noemi:
Noemi is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Noemi:
Number of syllables in the name Noemi:
Emotion evoked from the name Noemi:
The name Noemi evokes feelings of charm and contentment.
Alternative spellings for the name Noemi:
Nicknames for the name Noemi:
Popularity of the name Noemi:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Noemi was the 781st most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Noemi:
Great middle names for Noemi and their meanings:
- Angelique (heavenly messenger)
- Beatriz (voyager, traveler, blessed)
- Cassandra (excelling above men)
- Dayana (heavenly, divine, bright, shining)
- Eunice (good victory)
- Ilana (tree)
- Inês (pure, chaste, gentle)
- Manuela (God is with us)
- Octavia (eighth)
- Rizpah (coal, hot stone, fire)
- Soraya (princess, constellation, jewel)
- Vidal (life)
Famous people with the name Noemi:
- Noemí Arribas (actress)
- Noemi Duso (film director)
- Noemi Artemisa Gonzalez (actress)
- Noemí de Miguel (sports journalist)
- Noemi Santana Perera (politician)
- Noemi Carrión Pérez (singer)
- Noemi Simonetto de Portela (track athlete)
- Noemi Pernessin Raymond (artist)
- Noemi “Mahal” Tesorero (actress)
- Noemi Lung Zaharia (Olympic swimmer)
Noemi in popular culture:
- Noemi (stage name of singer Veronica Scopelliti)
- Noemi (fairy in the Winx animated series)
- Noemi Vidal (character in Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray)