Stacy is a Greek baby girl’s name that was originally the diminutive for the name Anastasia. Stacy was very popular in the 70’s and 80’s but has become less trendy in the last decade in favor of the longer name.
Meaning of the name Stacy:
Origin of the name Stacy:
Stacy is a Greek girl’s name that means “resurrection”. Stacy is a diminutive of the Greek name Anastasia and derived from the name Anastasios. Stacy may also derive from the English name Eustace meaning “fruitful”.
Symbolism of the name Stacy:
The Stacey Sue rose is a small pale pink flower that produces a spray of blooms. Roses symbolize beauty, love, and femininity.
Style of the name Stacy:
Gender of the name Stacy:
Stacy is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Stacy:
Number of syllables in the name Stacy:
Emotion evoked from the name Stacy:
Stacy evokes feelings of happiness and enthusiasm.
Alternative spellings for the name Stacy:
Stacey, Stasy, Stacie, Stacee, Staci, Stace
Nicknames for the name Stacy:
Popularity of the name Stacy:
According to the Social Security Administration, Stacy is a girl’s name that first became popular in 1949. Stacy was at peak popularity between 1966 and 1986 but fell off of the list in 2012.
Related names for the name Stacy:
Great middle names for the name Stacy and their meanings:
- Riley (rye clearing, courageous)
- Quinn (descendent of Conn)
- Hazel (hazelnut tree, light brown)
- Charlotte (free man)
- Elizabeth (pledged to God)
- Abigail (my father is joyful)
- Emma (universal)
- Grace (grace)
- Sophia (wisdom)
Famous people with the name Stacy:
- Stacy Ferguson Duhamel aka Fergie (American pop singer)
- Stacy Lewis (American pro golfer)
- Stacy Lattisaw (American gospel singer)
- Stacy Haiduk (American actress)
- Stacy Dragila (American Olympic pole vaulter)
Stacy in popular culture:
- Stacy Hirano (television, “Phineas and Ferb”)
- Stacy Rowe (television, “Daria”)
- Stacy Barrett (television, “Drop Dead Diva”)
- Intern Stacy (podcast, “Welcome to Night Vale”)
- Stacy Reilly (film, “What Doesn't Kill You”)