Branson is an elegant and attractive baby name for boys. Associated with wealth and power, this name also has an undercurrent of energy and excitement that has made it a top choice during the 21st century. Branson is the name of a character on the Downton Abbey series, and Branson is also a name for an iconic tourist destination in the state of Missouri. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Branson:
Old Norse, English: Son of Brandr, sword, fire
Origin of the name Branson:
Branson originated as an English surname that meant “son of Brandr.” The name Brandr derives from the Old Norse word brandt (meaning “sword” or “fire”).
Symbolism of the name Branson:
Branson derives from the Old Norse root brandt (meaning “sword” or “fire”). Etymologists believe that this name referred to the central campfire or the blacksmithing fire used to weld swords from iron. The symbol for Branson was the fire torch.
Style of the name Branson:
Gender of the name Branson:
Branson is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Branson:
Number of syllables in the name Branson:
Emotion evoked from the name Branson:
The name Branson evokes feelings of swiftness and savvy.
Alternative spellings for the name Branson:
Nicknames for the name Branson:
Popularity of the name Branson:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Branson was the 877th most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Branson:
Great middle names for Branson and their meanings:
- Averie (elf ruler, elf counsel)
- Chase (hunter, huntsman)
- Clark (scribe, scholar, clerk)
- Declan (man of prayer, full of goodness)
- Floyd (grey, venerable)
- Godfrey (God's peace
- Grant (tall, big, large)
- Joachim (established by God, raised by God)
- Jude (praise)
- Milo (soldier)
- Trevor (big village)
- Tristan (tumult, outcry)
- Zohar (light, brilliance, splendor)
Famous people with the name Branson:
- Branson Anderson (actor)
- Branson Bailey (brother of singers Chloe and Halle Bailey)
- Branson Brown (baseball player)
- Branson Kayne Perry (public figure)
- Branson Quirke (actor)
- Branson Reese (writer)
- Branson Robinson (football player)
- Branson Nathaniel Tanner (son of YouTube personalities Sara and Johnny Tanner)
- Branson Washburn (actor)
- Branson Wright (film producer)
Branson in popular culture:
- Branson (iconic tourist destination in Missouri)
- Branson (character on the Downton Abbey series)