Caitlyn is an Irish baby name that means “pure”. Caitlyn was most popular in the 80’s and 90’s but the luster has faded in the last decade. Caitlyn has been replaced by the renewed popularity of names like Kate.
Meaning of the name Caitlyn:
Origin of the name Caitlyn:
Caitlyn is an Irish girl’s baby name that means “pure”. Caitlyn is the modern English spelling variant of Caitlin.
Symbolism of the name Caitlyn:
There are many types of flowers that symbolize purity. Some of the most beautiful are the daisy, lily of the valley, and magnolia. What they have in common is the pure white color.
Style of the name Caitlyn:
Gender of the name Caitlyn:
Caitlyn is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Caitlyn:
Number of syllables in the name Caitlyn:
Emotion evoked from the name Caitlyn:
Caitlyn evokes feelings of hope and compassion.
Alternative spellings for the name Caitlyn:
Caitlin, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, Kaitlynn, Katelin, Katelyn, Katelynn, Katlyn, Caetlin
Nicknames for the name Caitlyn:
Popularity of the name Caitlyn:
According to the Social Security Administration, Caitlyn is a popular baby girl’s name that first entered the top 1000 names in 1983. Caitlyn was in the top 200 names between 1990 and 2005.
Related names for the name Caitlyn:
Great middle names for the name Caitlyn and their meanings:
- Maeve (she who intoxicates)
- Ivy (pledged to God, the plant)
- Rose (the flower)
- Luna (moon)
- Willow (willow tree)
- Saoirse (liberty)
- Ciara (little dark one)
- Aisling (dream)
Famous people with the name Caitlyn:
- Caitlyn Taylor Love (American actress and singer)
- Caitlyn Shadbolt (Australian pop singer)
- Caitlyn Smith (American country music singer)
- Caitlyn Folley (American actress)
- Caitlyn Youngblood (American model)
Caitlyn in popular culture:
- Caitlyn the Sheriff of Piltover (video game, “League of Legends”)
- Caitlyn (film, “200 Cigarettes”)
- Caitlyn (film, “A Cinderella Story”)
- Caitlyn Snow (television, “The Flash”)
- Caitlyn Gellar (film, “Camp Rock”)