Chace is a French and English baby boy’s name that means “to hunt”. Chace is a variant spelling of Chase and comes from a Middle English surname.
Meaning of the name Chace:
French, English: to hunt
Origin of the name Chace:
Chace is a French and English baby boy’s name that means “to hunt”. Chace is a variant spelling of Chase and comes from a Middle English surname. Chace was a nickname often given to hunters.
Symbolism of the name Chace:
Chace was a nickname given to huntsmen. Huntsmen were responsible for protecting and managing the woodlands on a nobleman’s estate. This would include putting food on the noble’s table and putting a stop to poachers.
Style of the name Chace:
Gender of the name Chace:
Chace is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Chace:
Number of syllables in the name Chace:
Emotion evoked from the name Chace:
Chace evokes feelings of intelligence and charm.
Alternative spellings for the name Chace:
Chase, Chayse, Chayce, Chaise, Chaice
Nicknames for the name Chace:
Popularity of the name Chace:
According to the Social Security Administration, Chace is a popular boy’s name. Chace was in the top 1000 baby names from 2008 to 2015. It peaked at #528 in 2009.
Related names for the name Chace:
Great middle names for the name Chace and their meanings:
- Felix (fortunate, happy)
- Oliver (olive tree)
- Hugo (mind, intellect)
- Jude (praised)
- Micah (who is like the Lord)
- Gideon (hewer)
- Isaac (laughter)
- Gabriel (God is my strength)
Famous people with the name Chace:
- Chace Crawford (American actor)
- Chace Beck (American actor)
- Taylor Chace (American sledge hockey player)
- Kiersten Dunbar Chace (American film producer, director)
- Fenner A. Chace Jr. (American carcinologist)
Chace in popular culture:
- Chace (French version of cassia, a type of musical genre)
- Tara Chace (comics, “Queen and Country”)
- Chace Vasquez (video games, “Killing Time”)
- Chace Ryder (video games, “Unhinged”)
- Chace (film, “All the Money in the World”)