Kenzi is a unisex baby name derived from Mackenzie that means “handsome, fair”, “respect”, or “born into fire”. Kenzi is a modern name that tries to offer an alternative to the wildly popular Mackenzie without getting too far away.
Meaning of the name Kenzi:
English: handsome, fair, respect, born into fire
Origin of the name Kenzi:
Kenzi is a unisex baby name of English origin that means “handsome, fair”, “respect”, or “born into fire”. Kenzi is a diminutive of the Scottish name Mackenzie and an unusual variant spelling of Kenzie.
Symbolism of the name Kenzi:
Kenzi means “born into fire”. Fire is a prominent symbol in cultures all around the world. Most commonly, fire represents life, purity, healing, destruction, war, cleansing, new beginnings, and rebirth.
Style of the name Kenzi:
Gender of the name Kenzi:
Kenzi is a unisex baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Kenzi:
Number of syllables in the name Kenzi:
Emotion evoked from the name Kenzi:
Kenzi evokes feelings of youth and good cheer.
Alternative spellings for the name Kenzi:
Kenzie, Kenzy, Kensi, Kensie, Kensy
Nicknames for the name Kenzi:
Popularity of the name Kenzi:
According to the Social Security Administration, Kenzi is an uncommon baby name that has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names list in the US.
Related names for the name Kenzi:
Great middle names for the name Kenzi and their meanings:
- Mack (son of)
- Grey (the color)
- Rhodes (where roses grow)
- Arden (valley of the eagle, high)
- Barnaby (son of consolation)
- Rufus (red-head)
- Guy (guide, leader)
- Ray (wise protector)
- Nell (bright, shining one)
- Avalon (island of apples)
- Dione (child of heaven and earth)
- Ida (industrious one)
- Tillie (prosperous in battle)
- Flora (flower)
- Wren (small bird)
- Lee (pasture, meadow)
Famous people with the name Kenzi:
- Abdelhani Kenzi (Algerian professional boxer)
- Kenzi Whittington (American musician)
- Kenzi Hatta (Japanese rock musician)
- Kenzi Wood (American blogger)
- Kenzi Tate (American softball coach)
Kenzis in popular culture:
- Kenzi (television, “Lost Girl”)
- Kenzi Blye (television, “NCIS: Los Angeles”)
- Kenzi (language, Nubian language spoken in southern Egypt)
- Kenzi’s Causes (charity providing for underprivileged children)
- Kenzi (comics, “ Mission: Yozakura Family”)