Magan is a popular baby name with several different origins. Magan is a baby girl’s name of Welsh origin that means “pearl” and a baby boy’s name of Somali origin that means “protection, refuge”. Magan is a diminutive for the traditional girl’s name Margaret.
Meaning of the name Magan:
Somali: protection, refuge
Origin of the name Magan:
Magan is a girl’s baby name of Welsh origin that means “pearl”. Magan is a variant of Megan and a diminutive of Margaret. Magan is also a baby boy’s name of Somali origin that means “protection, refuge”.
Symbolism of the name Magan:
Pearls are symbols of perfection and incorruptibility. The pearl is a symbol of long life, fertility, and femininity.
Style of the name Magan:
Gender of the name Magan:
Magan is a unisex baby name given to both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Magan:
Number of syllables in the name Magan:
Emotion evoked from the name Magan:
Magan evokes feelings of honor and success.
Alternative spellings for the name Magan:
Megan, Maygan, Meygan, Meghan
Nicknames for the name Magan:
Popularity of the name Magan:
According to the Social Security Administration, Magan is a popular baby name. Magan was in the top 1000 names list for girls between 1985 and 1989. It peaked at #927 in 1985. Magan has never appeared in the top 1000 baby boy’s names.
Related names for the name Magan:
Great middle names for the name Magan and their meanings:
- Kai (sea)
- Orion (Greek mythology hunter)
- Knox (round hill)
- Cash (hollow)
- Ryder (cavalryman, messenger)
- Colt (young horse)
- Jace (the Lord is salvation)
- Arlo (between two hills)
- Tillie (battle mighty)
- Hollis (dweller at the holly trees)
- Adair (shallow place in a river near oaks)
- Rain (rain)
- Stella (star)
- Aria (air, melody, lion)
- Belle (beautiful)
- Elsa (pledged to God)
Famous people with the name Magan:
- Magan Singh Rajvi (Indian football player)
- Hirsi Magan Isse (Somali scholar and revolutionary)
- Kaya Magan Cissé (Soninke king of Wagadou)
- Magan (Latino DJ)
- Magan (American musician)
Magan in popular culture:
- Magan (television, “Taarak Mehta”)
- Yuugen Magan (comics, “Touhou”)
- Magan (comics, “Magan he Danai”)
- Magan (video games, “Tokyo Afterschool Summoners”)
- Bart Magan (comics, “Batman” franchise”)